RCCMHC hosts FREE trainings throughout the year based on needs that are identified by our community. CEUs are usually available.
Some trainings are hosted at our Cultural Outreach and Advisory Council meetings which are held on 3rd Thursdays (3:00 to 5:00) Other trainings will be listed here as they become available thoughout the year.
Click on a box below to read more about a training and to register. You can also watch (or re-watch) recorded trainings.
If you need funds to host your own training or if you need a scholarship to attend a training that charges a fee, please scroll below to learn about our Professional Training and Scholarship Fund.
- Thu, Apr 15Zoom
- Thu, May 20ZoomMay 20, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMZoomLearn strategies to intervene and support youth exposure to self-harm on social media (glorifying cutting, suicide or eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia). Also addressed: technology addiction, online predators. This FREE training is offered during our Advisory Council. CEUs available.
- Thu, Jun 17Zoom
- Thu, Sep 16ZoomSep 16, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM CDTZoomBuild the skills to identify and assist vulnerable youth in seeking help. Learn strategies to support youth after treatment or hospitalization. Learn more about postvention (support for bereaved family, friends, professionals.) This FREE training takes place during our Advisory Council. CEUs.
- Thu, Oct 21Zoom
- Thu, Nov 18ZoomNov 18, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMZoomLearn strategies to tailor your programs/supports to meet the mental health needs of youth and their parents. Discuss discrimination, stigma, symptom-related issues, and child welfare involvement for parents with mental illness. FREE training takes place during our Advisory Council. CEUs available.
- Thu, Mar 18ZoomMar 18, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMZoomLearn criteria for inpatient hospitalization and difference between a mental health emergency and a behavioral crisis. Learn practical behavioral intervention/ deescalation strategies and appropriate interventions. This FREE training takes place during our Advisory Council. CEUs are available.
- Thu, Feb 18ZoomFeb 18, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMZoomLearn and practice strategies that support youth mental health through cultural healing practices, trauma informed yoga, diet/nutrition, sleep, exercise and laughter. This training is FREE and held during our Cultural Outreach meeting. CEUs are available. (more info below)
Visit this page if you missed a training or you would like to go back to watch again.
We will post powerpoints and videos from in-person and online trainings. Some will be videos and some will be Powerpoints that you can scroll through online.
Depending on permissions that are granted to RCCMHC, these recordings may have time-limited availability.
Training and Scholarship Fund
RCCMHC uses membership contributions to maintain a Professional Training & Scholarship Fund. Based on available resources, agencies and individuals may submit funding requests throughout the year.
RCCMHC will award up to $1,000 to support children’s mental health (or related) trainings or workshops in Ramsey County.
RCCMHC will award partial scholarships up to $500 for individuals to attend publicly announced and credentialed children’s mental health (or related) conferences or trainings.
In addition to the trainings listed above, RCCMHC coordinates with our parters to present other trainings throughout the year. As- needed, staff also presents at conferences and facilitates trainings for our member agencies.
In 2021, we are partnering with the Suburban Ramsey Family Collaborative to offer a series of trainings for non-mental health professionals to broaden the capacity of our workforce to prevent youth mental health crises and support whole family wellbeing.
Our approach to capacity building is based on the Annapolis Framework. We support, strengthen and broaden our workforce through a variety of training opportunities across the continuum of care. And we emphasize the development of culturally-specific and culturally responsive providers.