Community Feedback & Care Planning (Culturally Responsive & Trauma Informed)
Time & Location
About the Event
Thursday, June 17 Cultural Outreach Committee
NOTE: We usually have smaller meetings over the summer. There will be no CEUs for this meeting because we will be looking to YOU for feedback/ ideas instead of offering a formal training.
Community Feedback (Large Group)
- System of Care Update and Feedback: developing Afrocentric Services and other Culturally Specific Services
- Input on increased need in community (boarding at hospital ERs, increased severity/acuity)
- Cambia Hills Facility closure- feedback/ community fall out
- Input and ideas on the needs/gaps identified in recent outcomes reports https://www.rccmhc.org/impact
Update Bulletin Board Activity (Large Group)
Break Out Sessions (Small Groups)
- generate ideas/strategies to support families through culturally responsive and trauma-informed family care plans (IEPs, Case Plans, Crisis Plans etc.)
- as a majority of youth are experiencing challenging emotions- how can we keep culture and trauma in mind as we screen/assess and refer ?
- share list of culturally responsive and trauma-informed screenings etc.