confused parent

Child and Teen

Mental Health Resources

There are many services and supports to help youth and families understand and manage mental health challenges. But, finding those services and getting connected with them can feel confusing, overwhelming, and frustrating!


On this page you will find contact information for county, school, and local mental health providers

Need help getting started in your search?

Call 763-339-7628

Email Holly Brabeck, our Director of Family & Community Engagement

Start with your Child's Medical Doctor


You know your child best. When your child's behavior or emotions suddenly change or if your child's emotions or behaviors seem different from his/ her peers; you may want to speak to your child's doctor. 


Arrange a complete physical for your child to rule out illness or physical causes.  Ask for a referral if needed.  Call your health insurance provider to check what services and providers are covered under your plan.  

For more information
search our online library!
Ask Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health 

Case Management Services can help you figure out what your child needs, help you can connect with community resources, and help you decide if more services are needed. 651-266-4486

 Project Assist  provides screening, assessment, diagnosis, brief intervention and arrangement of ongoing services.  651-266-7870

Uninsured or Under-insured

Call 651-297-3862 – Minnesota Health Care Programs

Call 651-266-4444 – Ramsey County Health and Wellness 

Reach out to Local Agencies for Mental Health Services & Supports

Use the search tab at the top of the blue chart to find resources by key word.

Are you confused about the different kinds of providers and therapies? Learn more here

Partner with Your Child's School


Schools can be a very helpful resource. Schools are not mental health providers but they do serve children with mental health challenges and they often have connections with mental health providers and other community supports.  Depending on the capacity of your child's school district, there may also be school-linked or school-based mental health professionals who can support your child. Call the Special Education / Student Services/ EBD office in your child's school district to find the resources and supports that will help your child succeed at school!

Mounds View Public Schools

North St Paul Paul/ Maplewood/ Oakdale

Northeast Metro Intermediate School District 916

Roseville Area Schools

St Paul Public Schools 

White Bear Lake Area Schools

Explore Other Services to Support Your Child and Family


Visit our Basic Needs Resources page to find a list of local agencies that support youth and familiy wellbeing. Search the different categories of services/ supports.