Ramsey County Childrens Mental Health Collaborative
Weaving together parents' voices and systems of care for children's mental health




    Call Children’s Crisis Response at 651-774-7000.  This 24 hour / 7 days-a-week crisis service can often partner with a family even if it is necessary to involve the police or hospital. 

    Children’s Crisis Response can also help you to quickly access the Sub-Acute Stabilization Unit for Adolescents at the University of Minnesota Medical Center – Fairview Riverside Campus.  Their intake number: 612-273-6600.  For questions: 612-273-3717.


    Call 911 for police, fire, or ambulance.  When requesting police assistance it is helpful to request a CIT officer (Crisis Intervention Training). 

     If you are in the city of Saint Paul you can ask the dispatch operator to have the responding officer call you in route so you can share critical details or you can meet the officer outside the incident site to share background information. 

     If you are contacting the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department and you have been in touch with them before about your child you can ask that the responding officer check his or her field notes.

     The more information first responders have about a situation, the better prepared they are to assist.


     The following are hospitals in Minnesota with acute mental health units:

         Accepting both children under the age of 12 and adolescents:

    Abbott NW Hospital 800 E. 28th St.; Minneapolis, MN 55407 - Depending on the child's age, may need to go through the Children's ER for admission

    University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview 2450 Riverside Ave; Minneapolis, MN 55454

    Prairie Care 12915 63rd Ave N; Maple Grove, MN 55369

    Mayo Hospital, Rochester 1216 Second Street SW; Rochester, MN 55902

    Miller Dwan Duluth 502 E. Second St.; Duluth, MN 55805

         Accepting ONLY Adolescents (12-18):

    United Hospital 333 North Smith Ave; St. Paul, MN 55102

    St. Cloud Hospital 1406 Sixth Ave N; St. Cloud, MN 56303

         Mixed Units (Adolescents and Adults):

         These require parent/guardian consent to be on a mixed unit.  Staff carefully screen when looking at accepting     adolescents and geriatric patients.

                   Hutchinson Community Hospital 1095 Highway 15 S; Hutchinson, MN 55350

    New Ulm Medical Center 1324 Fifth St. N; New Ulm, MN 56073



    Call your pediatrician /primary care physician to rule out any physical causes.  Ask for a referral if needed. 

    Call your health insurance provider to check what services and providers are covered under your plan.

                   FOR UNINSURED:

                   Call 651-297-3862 – Minnesota Health Care Programs, www.dhs.state.mn.us/healthcare and/or

                   Call 651-431-2670 – Minnesota Department of Human Services


                   FOR UNDERINSURED (MA/TEFRA coverage)

                   Call 651-266-3683 – Ramsey County Department of Human Services or

                   Call 651-431-2670 – Minnesota Department of Human Services, TTY: 800-627-3529


    Call Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health Case Management – Voluntary Services, 651-266-4111Case Management Services can help you figure out what your child needs, how you can connect with community resources, and decide if more services are needed.                 



    Call the Special Education / EBD office in your school district for help for your child in school.

                   Mounds View School District 621

                   Ann Bettenburg, Student Services Director

    651-621-6048, ann.bettenburg@moundsviewschools.org


    North Saint Paul / Maplewood / Oakdale School District 622

    Jackie Smith, Special Education Supervisor

    651-702-8465, jsmith@isd622.org


    Northeast Metro Intermediate School District 916  (www.nemetro.k12.mn.us/Page/20)

    Daniel Naidicz, Director of Special Education

    651-415-5658, Daniel.naidicz@nemetro.k12.mn.us


    Roseville School District 623

    Dr. Chris Sonenblum, Director of Student Services

    651-635-1608, chris.sonenblum@isd623.org


                   Saint Paul Public School District 625

                   Special Education Department, 651-767-8321

                   Special Education Liaison, 651-767-3437


    White Bear Lake Area School District 624 (www.whitebear.k12.mn.us/academics/Special-Education-Services.asp)

    Kathleen Daniels, Director of Special Services

                   651-407-7553, Kathleen.daniels@isd624.org



    Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health (MACMH), 651-644-733

                   NAMI-MN: National Alliance on Mental Illness,

    A grassroots organization for people with mental illness and their families


    PACER: Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights, 952-838-9000


    Minnesota Disability Law Center / Mental Health Advocacy Project & Special Education, ww.midmnlegal.org)               612-334-5970


    State Ombudsman for Mental Health, Ramsey County area: 651-757-1810


    Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative, 651-293-5951

    Family Partnership Coordinator


    Disclaimer: Ramsey County Children's Mental Health Collaborative has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this web site. However, due to the possibility of unauthorized access to this site, data transmission errors, changes to source material made since the last update to the site, or other human or mechanical errors, the information contained on this web site should not be deemed reliable for legal purposes. Please contact the Collaborative Office to verify the accuracy of the information.